Every individual wants to fit in the environment. Mixing in the society will require mental and physical wellness. You don’t need to be smart but at least you can comprehend, and you talk with a sense of humor. Also, you don’t need to look beautiful and sexy but, at least, you look neat and clean, and you smell good.
Having an awful smell due to sweating of certain body parts is not a good characteristic. One of these common problems is having an athlete’s foot.
What is an athlete’s foot?
An athlete’s foot, also called as tinea pedis, is a fungal infection that causes awful odor. This particular foot issue affects the skin of the feet. Athlete’s foot is very alarming because it can spread through the hands and can transfer from one person to another.
This Fungal infection is also known as “Athlete’s Foot” because it commonly occurs among athletes. Unfortunately, athlete’s foot is not easy to treat. However, there are some ways to cure it.
Causes of Athlete’s Foot
- You may attain athlete’s foot in your footwear because tinea fungus stays in warm and moisture environment.
- You may take it from touching your skin in person or things that contain fungus.
Risk of Having Athlete’s Foot
- Anyone is possible to acquire athlete’s foot. Everyone can obtain it by walking barefoot in public places.
- Personal things like towels and socks are sensitive to share with people having tinea pedis.
- Wearing tight or closed footwear is another cause of athlete’s foot.
- Letting your feet stay wet for a long while.
- Having even a little wound in the foot will lead to an awful smell of the foot.
Treatment for Athlete’s Foot
There are three ways to treat athlete’s foot.
- Over the Counter (OTC) Medication
- Although OTC is not useful to treat fungal infections, you can still rely on it. There are several types of OTC medication such as clotrimazole, miconazole, tolnaftate, etc.
- Prescription Medications
- When OTC medication doesn’t go well, your doctor will prescribe antifungal medication like topical or oral prescription-strength.
- Home Care
- Treating your athlete’s foot all by yourself is another alternative to do. You can soak your feet in a basin of warm water and salt or diluted vinegar.
Most people want to be around individuals who are comfortable to be around. However, some cases that make this hard to prevent. For instance, having an awful odor in particular body parts which will cause people or even your friends distant their selves from you. They may not have the courage to tell you about your awful smell so they will just get away from you instead.
The most common causes of having stinky smell are having an athlete’s foot. Athlete’s foot will affect not only your social life but also your self-esteem and confidence to live a normal life.
On the brighter side, there are some ways to get completely rid of your athlete’s foot. Just have to follow these steps to get your problem come to an end. When your athlete’s foot is already gone, make sure to avoid things that can get them back to you again.