Mountain bike is a great thing to enjoy different countryside areas, right? But what happen when you are not using the right shoe to ride your bike? You may have an accident, or you can fall in some other dangers.
The same thing happened to me. After getting a minor accident, I searched for best shoes for mountain biking. Then I found different products with various features.
So, it is so difficult to take the final decision. Here I am going to share my list with reviews on each product. You can select any of them based on your necessity.
6 Best Mountain Biking Shoes Reviews – For Man & Woman
Shimano 2015 Men’s Mountain Bike Shoe
Maybe you have noticed that there are different mountain bikes from Shimano. So, they know properly what to include in a mountain bike shoe. They have designed this shoe. If you want to stay secure about the best quality, you can go for this shoe.
This pair of shoes come with synthetic material. This material is durable and gives great strength. Also, there is rubber sole in the shoe with EVA midsole. This enhances pedaling efficiency and walking comfort. For optimum sole rigidity, there is Fiberglass reinforced polyamide shank plate.
This one comes with flexibility and suitable for any standard feet or wide feet. The upper layer of the shoe is made of synthetic leather. This top layer is supple and stretch-resistant. Also, it comes with lightweight. So, you will feel comfortable in long time usages.
- One-piece upper structure with injected TPU for a perfect fit.
- Rubber sole which is comfortable and flexible.
- Slip resistant sole.
- Suit with different models of mountain bikes.
- Comes with lace holder to prevent laces from getting caught in gears.
- Lightweight shoe for a comfortable feeling.
- Excellent durability with high-quality material.
- Lace quality is not the top notch.
- Hardly tightening laces is difficult with this pair.
Conclusion: Most of the customers are happy with the pair, and they have given positive feedbacks. If you want to stay secure for a long time with your shoe, you should purchase this one. Comfortable to use for both riding and walking. You will not feel any irritation because of the lightweight. Also, the rubber sole makes sure that your feet are not slipping from the paddle. So, there are fewer chances to occur an accident with these shoes.
Giro Men’s Privateer Cycling Shoe
Are you looking for the best mountain bike shoe with leather? Then check this one from Giro. This shoe comes with spikes on the sole which easily stick with the paddle to give comfortable feeling during the ride. Also, this is a lightweight shoe which you can use for a long run without any annoyance.
It comes with high traction lugged outsole. Also, featured with molded EVA footbed with medium arch support. So, when you are riding your bike for a long time, you will not feel any pain. The upper layer is made of full leather. This leather ensures the durability of the shoe.
Aegis anti-microbial treatment to keep your feet healthy. These shoes are roomy enough to accommodate a wider foot without any extra effort. There is enough ventilation in the shoe. So, air passes correctly in the shoe and keep the user comfortable.
- Comes with a leather upper layer for durability.
- Flexible sole to accommodate any feet.
- Easily adjust with different kinds of pedals.
- Enough ventilation with microfiber upper.
- Comes with removable insole for easy cleaning.
- Available in three different colors.
- There are no cleats with these shoes.
- Sole quality can be improved.
Conclusion: This pair comes with different materials and enough air passing system. Also, this is a lightweight pair of shoes that you can use without any pain. No matter which mountain bike you are riding, you will find this pair comfortable. However, there are some complaints from existing customers. Material quality is excellent, but the construction quality is a little bit poor. But you can go for it if it suits your feet.
Gavin Off Road Mountain Cycling Shoes MTB
When you are purchasing a new pair of shoes for mountain bike riding, the budget is a big issue. If your budget is under 50, you can check this Mountain Cycling Shoe from Gavin. This one comes with a stunning look which suits with anyone.
This pair of shoes is compatible with SPD, SPD-R & SPD-SL cleats. The primary material of the shoe is synthetic microfiber leather. Because of the material, the shoe is durable. Also, there is breathable mesh which ensures that the user is remaining comfortable during the ride.
There are both hook and loop straps in this shoe. So, you can easily tighten up this shoe with your feet. This is a lightweight shoe which doesn’t cause any pain in the ankle.
- This pair is compatible with a variety of shoes without any hassle.
- Breathable material to give comfortable feeling during the ride.
- Easy to adjust with your feet.
- Coordinating with different mountain bikes is easy.
- Stiff Nylon fiberglass sole resists flex for power transfer.
- Lace free shoe to save time and keep the user hassle free.
- This is not suitable if your feet are wider than others.
- Price is a little bit higher compared with features.
Conclusion: This is a mid-budget mountain bike shoe which you can use with any bikes. Because of lightweight and breathable mesh, you will remain comfortable in the long run. Also, three different sizes are available. If you like the color and it fulfills your requirement, just go for it.
Pearl Izumi Women’s All-Road III Cycling Shoe
There are different shoes for men with different features. But when you want to purchase the best mountain bike shoe for women, you will find fewer models. If you are looking for the best bike riding shoe for women with a reasonable price, this pair is for you.
This pair is made of synthetic and fabric. Both materials are durable and give good strength to the shoe. Also, this is a lightweight riding shoe for women. So, you will not feel something extra in your feet. Comes with a rubber sole which is flexible and slip resistant.
This rubber sole helps the user to connect with the paddle without any disturbance. It comes with three adjustable hook and loop straps. So, you can adjust the shoe with your feet easily.
- Breathable material to keep your feet cool.
- Easy to adjust the shoe to your feet.
- Accommodate different shaped feet without any hassle.
- Great support to protect from an ankle injury.
- Selected grade nylon and composite fiber plate.
- Highly durable.
- Its color is not stunning.
- Sole quality should be improved for longevity.
Conclusion: This is a perfect shoe for women. Also, it is lightweight and durable. You will never feel any pain in your ankle with this one. Flexible sole for comfortable riding in all terrain. I recommend this one for any women.
Venzo Mountain Bike Cycling SPD Shoes
Do you want to buy a complete package of shoes, peddles and cleats with an affordable price? Then you should go for this one. As this shoe pair comes with pedals, so no need to be tensed about the adjustment with your bike.
The shoe of this package is made of synthetic and breathable mesh. This shoe is both durable and comfortable. Because of the lightweight, you will stay hassle free when riding for a long time. Different sizes are available of the shoe to suit any person. Flexible forefoot and a running shoe beveled heel to ride on different terrains.
- This pair comes with two pedals with cleats.
- Low-cut construction for lightweight.
- Easy to fit with your feet with straps.
- Flexible and comfortable sole.
- Comes with an attractive price.
- Proper air passing system for a comfortable feeling.
- You can’t order the shoe separately even if you don’t need pedals.
- Instructions of the manual are not good at all.
Conclusion: This is an attractive package for you if you need to purchase pedals and cleats. This combo comes with a low price. Shoe quality is good and suitable to use with different models of mountain bikes. This is a good deal for any person.
Venzo Mountain Bike SPD Shoes
If you are looking for the best shoes for mountain biking under 100, you will love this one. This pair of shoes comes with sealed pedals. If you also need peddles with your shoes, this one is recommended for you.
This mountain bike riding shoes come with synthetic material. This material is durable enough to provide long time service without any disturbance. Also, there is a breathable mesh in this shoe. So, you can stay comfortable on a hot summer day.
It will keep your feet cool. The lining of the shoe has textile with removable sock liner. Because of the low-cut construction, this shoe is lightweight. A variety of sizes available for this pair. So, anyone can use this shoe.
- Lightweight shoe for a comfortable feeling.
- Easy to adjust the shoe to your feet with straps.
- Air passes easily to keep you cool.
- Comes with durable pedals.
- Affordable price.
- Comes with necessary cleats.
- If you have wider feet, it may make discomfort you.
- There are no color options for this shoe.
Conclusion: I will say this is an excellent package for any bike rider. This pair of mountain bike riding shoes has high strength. Some customers are using this pair for a long time, and there are no complaints from them. Also, if you compare the quality with the price, this is a high-quality mountain bike riding shoe.
What to look For in Best Mountain Bike Shoes?
Though there are so many brands of shoes, only a few of them has best mountain biking shoes. So, if you want to know what are the best shoes for mountain biking, you need to look for some features. Here I am sharing what you should check before order a mountain bike riding shoe.
Check the material of the shoe. A good material will sustain for a long time without any issues. There is mainly three type of materials available. They are leather, fabric and synthetic. Leather and synthetic are more durable than fabric. However, there are also some models that come with a combination of leather and synthetic. Also, check if there are breathable mesh or not. It is necessary to keep your feet cool. So, try to order a product that has breathable mesh.
Purchase a pair which has a flexible sole. Most of the shoes come with rubber soles. But make sure that the rubber sole comes with good quality to use with different bikes. Also, if there is removable insole, it will be easy for you to clean the shoe.
Check for a variety of sizes if your feet are wider. You can also test the product page to find if there is enough room in the shoe or not.
I always prefer lightweight mountain bike riding shoes. They are comfortable and never cause any pain in the ankle. If you want to stay comfortable for a long time, never purchase a shoe with heavy weight.
Now you know what the best shoes for mountain biking are. In my best mountain biking shoes review, I have covered only those products that have good quality and positive feedbacks from existing customers. So, based on your necessity, you can purchase any of the shoes that you like. Just make sure that you are ordering the right size for you. If possible, check and double check the size of your feet to avoid the hassle of changing the shoe.
Disclaimer – All outbound links of product images and table-off content have been linked to Amazon.com, To know about the current stock of the above-mentioned product, you need to visit the specified link.
You May Also Like to Read:
- Best Parkour Shoes
- Tesla Running Shoes
- Best Mountain Bike Shoes
- Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Best Running Shoes for Wide Feet
- Best Running Shoes for Shin Splints
- Best Shoes for Zumba Workout
- Best Cushioned Running Shoes
- Best Shoes for Standing All Day
- Best Running Shoes For Flat Feet
- Best Running Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis