People run for miles as it considered vital for burning fat as it burns 8.5 calories in a minute. Running is always ready with its weapon to stop fat making you look like an inflated balloon. You could perform your running exercises anywhere even indoors by using treadmills.
Every workout comes with a manual. Similarly, you have to follow certain instructions to burn maximum fat of your body through running. If you start running haphazardly and don’t have any proper planning, you won’t be able to achieve the result you want. You will lose interest in it soon and would give up on it.
To make your running interesting, you have to make your run challenging. Furthermore, if you don’t plan your run you might get injured which will affect your workout and won’t allow you to achieve your desirable goal. The main aim of this article is to help you in making your running more efficient.
- Another thing you need for a perfect run is safe and comfortable running shoes. Running shoes protect your feet from injuries. If you run in heels, you will surely get a twisted ankle instead of a perfect shaped body. If running shoes are uncomfortable, they might cause injuries such as plantar fasciitis. Running shoes should allow your feet to fit comfortably in them.
If the shoes are narrow, they might cause your feet and knees to hurt. Furthermore, they might cause blisters on your feet. Shoes that are wide might affect your balance and make you stumble which might lead to a significant injury.
- Have you come across individuals who had been doing running exercises for days but there is no effect on their body that is because their workout is not a challenge? Most people believe that more you run the most fat you burn. They adopt a steady pace to cover more distance. Indeed, this method might be effective for some time, but as soon as your body adjust with your exercise, your efforts go down a drain. Moreover, running long distance might cause injuries such as runner’s knees.
You have to think of your running as an adventure. Mix your steady pace with intense intervals. Run at your normal speed for sixty seconds but increase your speed after that for thirty-second and then repeat this procedure. Another type of intense interval is Farliks. Choose a point and run at your maximum speed towards it. When you have reached that point, walk or jog towards the second point. You could also add shuttle runs in your workout to make it more challenging.
- Try to choose a hill or staircase for running instead of flat ground. You could select five percent incline in your treadmill. As every degree of incline burns about ten percent more fat so a gentle hill will burn fifty percent more fat. Run uphill with full intense pace for ten to thirty seconds. Then jog back down and rest for thirty to sixty seconds. Similarly, run at full speed up the stair then jog back down to rest.
- You should add a twenty-minute interval in your running to do strength exercises. Strength exercises make your muscles stronger which will help you in burning fat even while you are resting. Furthermore, when you perform strength exercises, it will use all your glycogen so only fat will be burned when you are running to provide you with energy. Moreover, these exercises might harden your muscle so you could run without getting tired quickly.
To perform effective strength exercises, you should focus on compound exercises requiring free-weights and try to repeat these exercises slowly. According to a study published in The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research proves that runners who performed strength exercises are more like to increase their leg strength and endurance which play a fundamental role in helping you lose weight. A journal Clinical Biomechanics included a study which proves that women who perform lower-body exercises are less likely to get injured.
- As mentioned above, the body quickly adapts to your regular exercise. According to Westcott, “Your body likes to be on cruise control because that’s where it’s most gas efficient but when you push on the gas pedal, as you do in intervals, your body becomes less efficient and has to burn more calories to do the activity.” To make your running unpredictable try to add some variety to your running schedule. For example, if you have been mixing your steady pace with intense training so perform long-distance run once a week.
This helps you in increasing your heart capacity which would ultimately increase your endurance. This will also make your ligaments and tendons stronger so you could give your best while doing short runs. If you are performing strength exercises, try to change exercises, reps and intensity after every week to always keep your body in guessing mode.
- If you can’t go to a gym because you have a busy schedule, then you could use your surroundings. You could cover some distance between your home and workplace by running then you could take local transport. You could also use stairs for running. You could use benches or bed for some of the exercises of strength training.
- Studies have shown that if you do not eat before running, you could burn fatter. The University of Texas proved through their research show those individuals who eat before running burns less fat during running. Similarly, University of Glasgow did a study whose results were that if you do not eat breakfast before running, you will lose more fat, and it will also reduce fat levels in the blood. If you take something between your running, so you do not run out energy, this will not affect your fat burning rate. A cup of black coffee is an ideal choice for getting energy during a workout.
Running is considered to be one of the best ways to burn fat. To receive best results from your running, try to make it more challenging by adding different techniques and ensure that your body doesn’t win in the guessing game.