Every individual is busy doing different kinds of errands for the daily living. Our body is the very crucial tool to perform efficiently certain physical tasks. Mainly, our foot is the essential part of the body which makes it possible to complete our daily agendas. However, there are cases that our foot is affected. Thus, doing even simple tasks is far from possible.
One of the common foot issues is the pain on top of the foot. Well, there are several causes of pain on top of a foot.
Common Causes of Top Foot Pain
- Gout – This particular feet pain is affecting certain parts of the big toe.
- Gout is a high level of uric acid which usually affects the big toe due to crystals forming in the joints.
- Hamm / Claw / Mallet Toe
- These are the toes deformation which affects the placement of the small toe bones.
- Sinus Tarsi Syndrome
- This particular cause of pain on the top of the foot affects the passage of the ligaments, blood vessels, and nerves in the small channel at the center of the heel bone and the ankle.
- Nerve Entrapment
- This particular foot issue is a swelling due to tight footwear or accidentally hitting the feet with a hard and cumbersome object.
- Extensor Tendonitis
- This foot problem is closely similar to nerve entrapment. However, tendons on the top of the foot are affected by inflammation and irritation.
- Stress Fractures
- This particular foot problem is due to a small fracture in the foot bones.
- Tibialis Anterior Tendonitis
- This particular foot issue is affecting the tibialis anterior tendonitis in front of the ankle due to degeneration and inflammation.
- Tarsal Coalition
- This particular foot problem is congenital and genetic.
- Athlete’s foot
- This particular foot problem is called tinea pedis or a skin’s fungal infection.
- Ganglion Cyst
- This particular foot problem takes place around the foot’s joints of tendons which are jelly-like fluid swelling in certain part of the foot.
Having foot problems will affect our daily life routine. It will not only cause us pain, but it will also delay or prevent us from performing daily tasks. This statement is true because our foot has a significant role in day-to-day living. Running, walking, or even standing will be hard to do if we are experiencing foot pain.
There are various ways that we can do to treat foot pains, and it differs from the type of foot issue we have. Although treatment is possible to cure foot pain, it is still a wise idea to prevent having foot pain.
Some Ways Of Avoiding Foot Pain Are The Following:
- Do not wear tight or uncomfortable footwear.
- Be careful to not dropping a heavy object on your foot.
- Make sure that you are not excessively using your foot like standing for a long time, walking a very distant pace, or running without a break.
Always bear in mind that our foot is as important as our head and the rest of our body parts. Without it, we are not able to perform physical tasks no matter how smart we are.