Runners are always trying to find ways to improve their performance. If a method only increases runner’s capability by one or two percent, they are still ready to check it out as it still makes a huge difference a marathon. Unique outfits are needed for every profession so how could running remain behind.
You could not wear an old cotton T-shirt during your workout. When you decide to run, you choose the most comfortable running shoes, so your feet doesn’t experience any discomfort. Similarly, the comfort of your body is also important. Your feet are not the only one who is in motion during exercise. You need your whole body to perform at its best and does not experience any injuries.
Compression sportswear is specially designed to make your performance better and help you recover faster. This sportswear tries their best to make you comfortable so you could reach your maximum potential. Research done in Germany showed that participants wearing compression socks ran for a longer period and reached more speed than the people who did not wear compression socks.
Compression sportswear includes T-shirts, socks, tights, shorts, etc. This sportswear will improve your running in many ways which are mentioned below:
- When you are carrying right tools, you will feel sure about your success. Similarly, compression clothing also affects people psychologically. Individuals who choose to wear compression sportswear felt that they are more confident and more eager to achieve their desired goal. They were able to perform better in compression sportswear than regular clothes as they were sure that these materials will help them perform better and improve their potential.
- Compression clothing is made of a mixture of nylon and spandex. It is given a stretchable structure so it could easily support your tired body part and its protective layer protects you from getting hurt.
- Compression Sportswear helps in preventing muscle cramps. If you wear clothes made up of cotton during running, your body will cool down rapidly as cotton absorbs moisture from sweat and water from the rain and clings to your body. This will develop muscle cramps making it difficult for you to run. Compression sportswear will keep the moisture away from the skin by trapping it on the outer layer of the clothes so it could easily evaporate. Compression sportswear keeps your body warm, so your training is not interrupted by muscle injuries such as muscle cramps. It distributes an equal amount of heat to joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments so you do not experience any problem which might hinder your running.
- Initially, compression stockings were created in the medical field for the people suffering from edema, vascular diseases, and other blood circulation. They were made of the individuals who had sensitive tissues and vein problems as it used to increase blood flow in the affected body by applying pressure. From this, an idea emerged to create compression wear for athletes to improve blood flow in their body which will make them perform better. Compression sportswear gives a massaging effect to your body, so your muscles work at its best and does not experience fatigue. It also helps in making muscles recover faster by removing waste products by increasing the blood flow which is produced by intense training. It also helps in reducing muscle soreness by providing healing agents through its increase blood flow.
- Studies have shown that compression sportswear increases VO2 max that is the limit of oxygen intake of an individual during an intense workout. This sportswear helps in increasing the individual’s utilization of oxygen making their muscle more efficient and decreasing the rate of injuries. A runner would be able to reach its maximum potential without experiencing any pain. An experiment was done on twenty-six individuals who showed athletes wearing compression clothing experienced a decrease in the component which reduces their VO2 max, and another trial showed that people who prefer compression sportswear improve their aerobic and anaerobic threshold by two to six percent.
- As compression sportswear increases blood flow, it was believed that it helps in removing lactic acid, but studies have proven it wrong. Compression sportswear enhances the rate of accumulation of lactic acid in muscles. Lactic acid was considered to be harmful to muscles as it causes burning sensation and soreness but these findings have proven to be a myth. It has been shown that soreness is caused by microscopic tears in muscles instead of the accumulation of lactic acid. Furthermore, lactic acid helps in reducing soreness. Research has also shown that lactic acid also helps in soothing burning sensation. In other words, lactic acid helps in providing fuel to your body when you are out of oxygen and also helps in preventing injuries.
- Runners have felt that while compression sportswear there was a reduction in muscle movement and force of impact. Compression sportswear makes sure that there is no unnecessary muscle movement, and the strength of impact during running is reduced, so the body doesn’t experience any injury and muscles do not get tired because of useless oscillations.
Some of the best compression sportswear are given below:
- Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves is considered to be number one choice as leg sleeves among runners. It helps in recovering shin splints through its Chevron ribbing. It helps in preventing moisture from reaching the body and improves the circulation of blood in the body.
- 2XU Men’s Compression Shorts not only protects but also supports body parts such as glutes, abductors, IT band, quad and hamstring muscles. It helps in reducing muscle oscillation and vibration, so your muscles do not experience any unnecessary fatigue.
- 2XU Women’s Elite Compression Tights helps in preventing muscle swelling and soreness and also alignment to muscles to increase their strength and support. These tights are lightweight and breathable and also provide sun protection.
- Tesla Men’s Cool Dry Compression Baselayer Short Sleeve T-Shirts R13 has an excellent elasticity which enhances your movement. They help in absorbing moisture and comfortable to wear.
Compression sportswear not only increases the runner’s performance but it also helps in making your body heal quicker. Compression Sportswear is ready to provide you comfort and confidence which you need to give your best during running.