The most common problem of people, particularly the athletes, is having a stinky foot. This issue is indeed a big issue because it affects an individual’s self-esteem and confidence.
The stinky foot is the result of sweating which means that the more you perspire, the more smelly your foot will be.
There are two major things that you have to deal with if you desire to treat stinky feet, namely sweat and bacteria. Expect to have an awful smell around you when these two mixes.
What Causes Stinky Feet?
Our skin, particularly the foot skin, and our footwear, specifically shoes, have bacteria living on it. According to Japanese Research, the acid byproduct is produced when these bacteria mix with the foot’s sweat.
Fortunately, there are steps to follow to control or completely diminish such foot issue.
Ways To Control Or Completely Diminish Stinky Feet
- Soak your foot in an Epsom salt for half hour at least once or twice a day.
Directions: Put eight glasses of warm water in a basin, where you can soak your feet comfortably, then dissolve half cup of Epsom salt in it.
- Soak your feet in sage and rosemary. Sage and rosemary are both antibacterial, and anti-fungal are also astringent. Therefore, it is effective to lessen the sweating of your sweat glands.
Directions: Prepare 100 degrees Celsius temperature of water then add the sage and rosemary herbs on it. Wait until the hot water becomes warm then soak your feet for half an hour and do it once or twice a day.
- Soak your feet in baking soda and citrus. Baking soda is perfect for killing bacteria of fungi which will lessen the foot odor. Citrus, on the other hand, is an astringent which is beneficial for minimizing excessive sweating of the feet.
Directions: Prepare eight cups of warm water then mix it with ¼ cup of baking soda. After that, squeeze the juice of the citrus in the basin to mix it with the water and the baking soda. For 15-20 minutes, soak your feet in the pan.
- Soak your feet in apple cider vinegar. This particular vinegar is sufficient to create an acidic environment that lessens the bacteria and the odor at the same time.
Directions: Prepare five to eight cups of warm water then simply pour a half cup of apple cider vinegar to it. Mix the water and the vinegar in the basin very well then soak your feet in it for 15 minutes. Do it twice a day.
- Soak your feet in a black tea. Black tea has a high level of tannic acid and serves as the astringent which fights bacteria and sweating at the same time. This treatment for stinky feet has been proven by many.
Directions: Prepare four cups of hot water in a basin then submerge five bags of black tea in it. Wait for 10 minutes until it steeps. Afterward, soak your feet for 20 minutes.
Any of the five methods of foot soaking mentioned above is adequate to control or diminish stinky feet. Just follow the steps and give it a try.