We are always trying to make our lives difficult. We choose those options which are going to make are living style unhealthy. Whether it is a man-made diet, avoid sleep or spending hours in front of a computer these are our choices.
In this competing world, we are always after something and never ask the question why are we after it. We are always trying to take short-cuts. We want an easy way out of everything. If we want to lose weight, we want to lose it in one day except in one month. Healthy choices will not make you healthy but more focused and energized. You would feel fresh and would able to enjoy your life more. You would feel less lethargic. Healthy choices will not only make your body fit but would have a positive impact on your mind.
These tips given below would make sure that you stay balanced and healthy:
- Mental health is as important as physical health. The first thing you need to convince your mind is that a failure in something is not your last day on earth. You do not control everything, and they are chances that you will make a mistake. Sometimes there might be a clash in schedules, or you didn’t get the result that you were expecting but don’t let these things bring you down. Develop an optimistic attitude and if one door closes there are many which are still open. You shouldn’t be affected by the progress of others and beat yourself about it. You should focus on yourself and see how successful you have been. Don’t stress on every little mishap. You should face your problems with calm attitude. You could perform yoga to free your mind from daily worries and tensions.
- Another thing you need to do is to adopt a healthy diet. According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention about seventy percent of American adults are overweight. American Diabetes Association believes that twenty-six million people are diabetics, and seventy-nine million people are going to get diabetes in future. To lose weight in a short period, people tend to go on a diet which requires from them to starve. This is also harmful to your body, as it needs sugar and carbohydrate in limited amounts. Resultantly, you should choose food which is healthy and not man-made like junk food.Junk food might taste good to your tongue, but it is poison for your other body parts. You should choose to eat organic fruits and vegetables as they have been kept away from pesticides, food additives, and antibiotics. Secondly, do eat meat in small quantity but make sure that cattle were allowed to eat grass, not grains. Similarly, make sure they were not kept in the unclean and crowded environment and not given hormones and antibiotics for dessert. Try to cook your food in your home instead of eating it at a restaurant or getting a delivery. This way you would know what is in your food, and you don’t need to be worried whether it is healthy or not.
- In our busy schedule, we tend to avoid or replace it with carbonated drinks, an important element which is seventy percent part of our body that is water. Carbonated drinks only taste good in our mouths, but they not only make you gain weight but also destroy your bones. Water is tasteless, so you don’t need to worry about your tongue’s feelings. Secondly, it washes away toxins and excessive salts from your body. It helps in making your organs to function properly. An average person should drink two liters of water hat is seven to eight glasses of water. By keeping your body hydrated, water prevents muscle injuries during workout such as cramps.
- Exercise should never be kept on hold by people. It should be the most of their lives if they want to stay fit. You should make a slot in your daily schedule for a workout. Try to some running, strength exercises, yoga, etc. If you can’t go to the gym, you could try them at home or outdoors. You could use stairs, bench, bed post, chair, etc. to perform exercises. You should make your workout intense by increasing speed or doing a different set of activities every day. Even if you do five to ten-minute exercise in a day, then it is enough as something is better than nothing. You could try three to five-minute plank or seven-minute leg workout.
- Try to take a break during an exercise. Japanese studies have shown that people who divide their sixty-minute exercise into parts and take twenty minutes break between these exercise schedule tend to lose more weight as their body keep burning fat during an exercise. If you feel exhausted for an exercise, don’t push yourself. Take a day off to relax and provide an opportunity to your body to recover.
- You should take a vacation from your work once in a while to make your body and mind relax. You could take a trip, visit a loved one or plan an event. This break from the everyday schedule is crucial as it puts your mind and body into rest mode. You don’t have to worry about appointments, meetings, due dates, etc. for some time which would make you happy.
- You should try to avoid activities which only make you tired and don’t have any effect on your personal or work life. If you don’t check social media every second or your bank account or get into mindless gossip, you might be able to come home early and would be able to perform the activities mentioned above. These habits only waste our precious time. You don’t have to focus your energy on them.
- You should do your chores by yourself. Instead of shopping online, asking a restaurant to deliver your food, or asking someone to send your laundry at home, try to do it by yourself. Cook a delicious and healthy meal for yourself and take a walk in a mall. This is another way to do exercise and making yourself fit. By doing things yourself, you know what you are getting, and you won’t be deceived.
- Sleep is important to make your body relax. An average adult has to sleep for seven to nine hours daily. Sleep helps you to remove all the worrisome thoughts from your mind and make your body relax which is essential for leading a balanced life.
These tips would help you in achieving healthy and balance life. You should make your less stressful and add healthy choices to your lifestyle.